Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Fuel Filter Reminder

Hello

This is just a reminder to those of you to make sure you also change your fuel filter at regular intervals (50,000 kms).

I have changed mine today, and the old one (which has been in the car for at least 100,000 kms) was amazingly clogged, and weighed about 3 times the weight of the new one (that is how much crap was caught in it).

However, beware that even after you depressurise your fuel system, a crapload of fuel will still pour out.

The cost of a new fuel filter for an E30 (M20) was about $45 (from the dealer), and it took around 1/2 an hour from start to finish to change, so it is both cheap and quick to do.

Regards

Grant

i should get this done cos im assuming its the reason why it wont start

aparently that fuel filter cleaner can actually destroy your filter and i used a whole bottle of it so im guessing there isnt much filter left and too much sh*t form the bottom of my tank has gone through and clogged the system either that or the filter is just really clogged up

i would think that the filter would be replaced at an inspection1 or inspection2,prolly every inspection 2

i would think that the filter would be replaced at an inspection1 or inspection2,prolly every inspection 2

Yup, it is meant to be replaced as part of an Inspection II.

Cheers

The cost of a new fuel filter for an E30 (M20) was about $45 (from the dealer), and it took around 1/2 an hour from start to finish to change, so it is both cheap and quick to do.

Regards

Grant

alternatively a filter from repco is approx $15