Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

iPad

$499 model will be around $699 here.

We have not been given full pricing yet.

Oh and the dual screen Microsoft thing was just a concept.

Guest Simon*

Looking at your price pic above Nick makes a mockery of it IMO - huge jumps in terms of dollars to get more than just the most basic functionality. Anything less than 64GB is just dumb I reckon, that in itself seems pretty light for an all-in-one tablet

Lack of SD card and no HDMI is a deal breaker for me.

Although I will have to wait and see what the Jailbreak community does with them.

I am not convinced that iPad is a evolutionary device. In fact it's just a FAT iPhone without the phone as someone already pointed out. I guess if one is truly using it as a ebook reader, multitasking don't matter but I have serious question on it's battery life given the type of screen is in use. If one is expecting it to be a tablet netboo, I am sure that person will be disappointed.

Not convinced either. What can it do that a laptop cant , other than the touch screen side of things in which Tablet laptops do have? Seems like a large ipod touch!? meh waste of money . . . looks cool

Apple iPad = BMW X6

So it will sell then!

Anyone watched "The Pirates of Silicon Valley"??

Good movie about Steve and Bill..

Anyway, although i own a new iphone i still wouldn't buy it, it serves no real purpose.

It will never have phone capabilities otherwise people would buy either an iphone or the i pad, they are about lifestyle, and want you to have an iPhone, iPad, Macbook and an iMac. oh and an ipod :)

Apple are really good at marketing, as someone said earlier about releasing products at certain stages, they arent silly people.

Its a shame that a brand like Kubuntu or some other free linux organisation doesnt go into business and do something like this, imagine a blank iPhone that you could have whatever OS and be able to use all its capabilities..

Or you could ignore the Newton which Apple released in 93

Posted Image

Edited by fuzyfrog

Ha..... Touché batman

Or you could ignore the Newton which Apple released in 93

Posted Image

So many people are missing the point of this product.

Why don't you enlighten us? I'd be interested in a more balanced discussion.

Why don't you enlighten us? I'd be interested in a more balanced discussion.

This is the beginning of the end for casual laptops and the whole "general purpose" operating system idea we have been using for years and years.

You will pick it up, swipe the screen, and it will be ready. None of this wake up from sleep, keyboards, mice, trackpads etc etc.

If you browse, email, facebook, twitter, write blogs, small amount of Word Processing and spreadsheets, games, music, movies, photos - then this will fit perfectly.

It is not the ultimate solution for the "gotta have it all" tech geek - but for a lot of people I know - this is going to cover a hell of a lot of bases - esp with 140,000 apps at $2 each which cover anything else you might want to do.

Few issues like Flash support - but Apple are actively persuading the big sites to move to html5 (youtube already has this in place - http://www.youtube.com/html5 )

It represents a shift just like the iPhone heavily influenced how we think of smartphones (get away from those rubbish Nokias and Palms to Android and iPhones) - this will do the same.

Nokia, Rubbish? HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Also, Palm FTW. /me has an M515 still.