Sign in to follow this  
PRTA

How do you take off the BMW Boot and Bonnet Badge

I want to replace the boot and bonnet badges on my BMW, anybody know how to do it without screwing up the badge or anything?

thanks

I want to replace the boot and bonnet badges on my BMW, anybody know how to do it without screwing up the badge or anything?

thanks

Yup .. just get a clothe and a small screw driver ... then stick the clothe around the screw driver tip and shove it under the badge and just prey it out ... they are just click in there .. so yeah ...

Just be very careful - can take a fair bit of force, and so if you slip you could end up with a new "racing" stripe on your bonnet, or "speed holes" in your hand.

:thumbsdown:

Just be very careful - can take a fair bit of force, and so if you slip you could end up with a new "racing" stripe on your bonnet, or "speed holes" in your hand.

:thumbsdown:

Yup ... which is why i said for him to use a clothe to wrap it around the screw driver tip ...

When I replaced mine the bits pushing into the bonnet where at 3 and 9 oclock.

Like eveyone has said, take your time and put a cloth under a flat head screwdriver. It is VERY easy to slip.