Sign in to follow this  
mahiman

Importing BMWs from the UK

No. Freight = $6500, GST = $2500

My spreadsheet says landed here and on road + $29,881

No. Freight = $6500, GST = $2500

My spreadsheet says landed here and on road + $29,881

Booldy 10k extra :wacko: now i see why not many ppl do UK imported car to NZ (pretty much 5000 more than from japan or singapore )

is that money worth for a car like this ( manual + high spec optionals) even with 92000 mile about 150000 on km??

Does high Km actually matter? or i would say why 80% of car from UK have so many high KM ??

Does high Km actually matter? or i would say why 80% of car from UK have so many high KM ??

Most high end cars, including BMWs, are sold new as fleet, lease or company cars, not many are sold to private owners, particularly the higher end models with extras. As such those cars tend to get a lot of driving in the first 3 years of their life at which point the lease / contract expires and the cars are sold on at auction, where they get picked up mainly by used-car dealers and then sold on to private buyers. It's only at this point the amount of driving starts to come down. UK average us reckoned to be 12,000 miles per year, so just over 18,000kms, but a lot of company vehicles will be 20, 30 or even 40,000 miles per year.

The upside is that the vehicle will be properly serviced and well maintained, to keep warranties, etc in place for the lease companies, so the higher mileage shouldn't be a problem.