Sign in to follow this  
bdogg

would my 318 b an iS?`

My motor looks nothing like this motor would that make mine an iS or am i one lost bunny? Can some1 post a pic of a 318iS motor so i can scite bout mine having S at the end of it if mine looks the same?

post-2-1107218767.jpg

u would have had a different spoiler strandard and also a dogleg box, lsd etc, urs is auto isnt it?

Edit: just saw ur profile said manual, where abouts is 1st gear in urs located? top left or bottom left?

Edited by bmwsparkle

wat kind of spoiler would i have i think mine was replaced to put the zender kit on? its manual now but i heard they also come in auto... coz some guy was enquiring about importing his 318iS which was auto to nz and qouting the selling price.

That motor is an M10. The 318iS has an M42.

Edited by cainchapman

Your car will probably have an M40 engine, which may look similar to the M42. (not sure on how similar they look) The engine you posted is an M10 and cam in standard 318i until 1988.

That motor is an M10. The 318iS has an M42.

Depending on the year as well. Mine's a M44. M42 is also a twincam. Maybe it runs on the production year.

:wub: oh well guess it isnt, stink. coz mine looks nothing ne of em'... do the 1990 beamers have a different looking motor compared to the others or is it coz mine a japa import? stink... mite need an upgrade... to a 325i or 7 or mayb a 5... or dream about an m1...... :wub: mmmm...m1

As i said before, your car will have an M40. It came in standard E30 318i from 1988 onwards. I think it has around 85 kW at the crank.