Sign in to follow this  
yng_750

v12 v10 v8 block

hey guys strange kinda question but im looking buy an engine block from a bmw ideal v12 next best v10 v8 or possibly stretch to an old 635 block

reason is i want to make something similar to this

Posted Image

so i can give it to my dad for his birthday then my mum can make him take it away

so anyone who knows of a block lying around ( a couple of pistons would be good but not essential )

any condition run crank etc would be ideal even with a hole in the side i dont really care

other choice is if its a quad cam is something with the heads so i can have the chains etc exposed at the front and nicely painted rocker covers

no internals needed

I've been meaning to do this, I got a stuffed Lexus V8 block from my mechanic a while back to do the same thing. Inspired by TG of course..

Still haven't but this thread of yours has reminded me!

:)

how much did the block cost you?

a friend of mine is ross taylors nephew

i heard he threw a rod in his chevy drag car and offered to buy the block for this reason (then i found out how much a cast iron big block v8 weighs (need a forklift kinda weight ) so that never happened

Posted Image

said dragster

Edited by jason H

I too have been thinking about doing this (be nice to get hold of a demolished Keith Black or Donovan but they are scarce in NZ). That, or building a desk from an old DC3 wingtip / elevator.

No action yet as I think it will probably end in divorce...