Sign in to follow this  
39KiwiTouring

Fault Code Throttle position sensor

Hi All the 39 has the yellow triangle and the computer is displaying this fault, my mechanic is waiting on JG BMW to tell him what he needs, am I in for a big one?. he suspects abs or similar I can't remember what code number it was I'll keep you all informed.

WBADH620X0BZ02182

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

My Audi's check light came on and it was the TPS, adjusted it so it clicked at closed throttle again and the fault went away.

Well the end result was the code that the snap on computer that my mechanic uses was throwing the wrong code. So they drove it to town and it turned out it was the ACS, a fault there apparently a loose wire, and it went away straight away.

He phoned snap on etc, caused a bit of drama my car did.

The reason it was there I took it back as I had the coolant changed 2 weeks ago, and it was loosing water he re- did it and let it bleed overnight massive air bubble in the line, we were fearing the worse cracked head and water disolving in the bores but no he did a leak down test and good as gold just a 24 hour bleed required.

So it's had a few lucky escapes.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

If you don't want to use the dealer I respectfully suggest you go to Peter Beck Auto Services - Link

He is an absolute expert with european cars, espcially BMW's.

I had my cars serviced there when I lived in PN.

Great guy and very helpfull.