Sign in to follow this  
zoom-motorsports

e30 pre face lift m20 wont start grrrrrrrrrr

hey wonder if anyone can help me get my old e30 going?

the trouble im having is the car cranks and starts for 3 seconds and dies. keep turning the motor over and it fires a little but doesnt crack into life. if i leave it for a bit and go back and try start it again it does but only for a few secs again.

i have checked the spark at the plugs while cranking all good very good spark and new plugs.

heaps of fuel pressure in the rail while cranking.

was wondering if it could be an ecu problem in trigering the injectors?? but not to sure as when it fires up for a few secs it doent missfire sounds normal. any help or things to check would be awsome.

just been out to it and double checked everything!! pulled the main fuel in to the fuel rail off and it pumps real good when ignition is first turned on and while cranking.

im not sure but what i think i can here is the injectors clicking then i get a fire up then no clicking and just turning over??????

i have real good spark? kind of lost.

does any one have a spare ecu i could try??

Need to say what type of E30 you have in order to try someone else's ecu.   

Crank angle sensor?

My 540 did exactly this and threw no codes. Investigation with multimeter proved it to be the Crank angle sensor.