Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

New Rubber needed

After getting a lovely puncture yeasterday we are now looking for two new tyres for the 307.

Size: 205 / 50 / 17

She current has Pirelli P Zero Nero's on the car and they where good. I've been looking around and seen the the 50 profile isn't all that common from what seen and a 40 profile is much more common.

Would there be much of a impact going to a 40 profile over a 50 profile?

Also what tyres would you recommend for someone who doesn't really push the car, nice quiet ride, and good overall performance. I don't want to cheap out on the tyres but i don't really want to spend mega bucks on performance tyres when 99% of the time the cars just cruising around.

Get some Dunlop Sport Maxx's from Johnno. Fit your requirements well i would think. I know you can get 205/45/17 as that is what is on the back of the e30. Ask him if he can get them or something similar in a 50 profile. 205/45/17 would be legal, but the correct size is 205/50/17 based on the factory size being 195/65/15 (thanks google).

205/40/17 would be too small - ie not legal.

We are going to give the sport maxx a try - the cheapest price i could get for the Nero was $450 and one place was $650 - a lot didn't stock them and we didn't want to pay that much for them.

My GF really doesn't push the car so it's going to be used more as a touring/city tyre. If it was for a fast road car then i would look at something different.

The RE001 was going to be roughly $40 more a tyre than the price i ended up getting.