Sign in to follow this  
JFry

E36 11 Button OBC

1) I was playing around with mine the other day and noticed when I change the date format from 'mm/dd' to 'dd/mm' that it also changes the time format from 12hr to 24hr clock, even though there is a seperate option for this also? Anyone else done this with theirs?

2) Also found that function 41 is a digital speedo? very cool, but none of the normal functions (memo, external temp, check control etc.) would use anything to do with the speed?

Posted Image

Guest Simon*

In the full OBC (as in E34 one etc) the speed is used to calculate time to destination. Mine also has a running average speed reading too

Bmw only made one obc for the e36 that was the 18 button one, All the others such as the 7 and 11 button are actually "mid" displays (Multifunction information display) :P

Yeah, can't really see why the 11 button one gets that signal though, unless it makes it easier to retrofit the full obc?

Did you test that function out while you were driving, Be interesting to see if it returned a result, I know when i retro fitted the 18 button in one of the new lines you had to run from the back of the cluster was one from the back of the speedo to the obc.

Did you test that function out while you were driving, Be interesting to see if it returned a result, I know when i retro fitted the 18 button in one of the new lines you had to run from the back of the cluster was one from the back of the speedo to the obc.

This is why I was surprised to find it.

It worked good while I was driving, a little distracting though :P