Sign in to follow this  
Syxx

Couple of electrical queries

Hey everyone, Just a couple things I need help with,

I have a 1992 BMW 320i and have an 8 button (I think, maybe just a couple more) OBC but it dosent go at all, Ive had it out so i know its plugged in at the back, my question is why else might it not be going?

Secondly I have the nob based heater cluster in my car and am wondering how much effort would it take to convert it to the fancy electronic ones I've seen other models with.

Cheers in advance.

Chris.

The Mid's are prone to the lcd panel giving up so that may be your problem. Are the lights at the top lighting up at all ??

You can do the climate control coversion but will cost you quite a bit of $$

Here are some pics i found of the heater core. In the first pic, its the black box in the center. It's located right behind your MID and you could see it if you remove it. You would need a heater core from a 1996 or newer i think also the control panel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by M-Spec

Ugh.... flag the heater.. As for OBC no ligts whatsoever, maybe they are all blown, how would i go about getting the blubs out?

Also im assuming the 92 has an electric speed sensor as i didnt see a cable when i took the cluster out, can anyone point me to which wire is the speed sensor please.

The bulbs just come out with a small flat blade screw driver, just turn them and they will pop out.

Edited by M-Spec

for the speed sensor Try Instrument cluster connector X17 pin 2. black/white wire.

Can also get it from the radio connector pin 10.

for the speed sensor Try Instrument cluster connector X17 pin 2. black/white wire.

Can also get it from the radio connector pin 10.

Cheers mate; Unrelated does anyone know where I can find a free copy of the repair/service manual for my car? I managed to find one but its german :S

Cheers mate; Unrelated does anyone know where I can find a free copy of the repair/service manual for my car? I managed to find one but its german :S

PM me your chassis number and email address... and I'll send you the electrical manual