Sign in to follow this  
Syxx

Photoshop Gurus lend me a hand please?

Hey everyone,

Basically the jist is this; few months ago I hit a sheep in my bmw and decimated the front left corner of the kit and bit of other damage, now herin lies the issue, I cannot find another kit like this anywhere and to get it fixed is gonna cost $1,400, yes thats right $1,400; Now, im not sure im that much of a fan to pay $1,400 just to rebuild one third of the kit anyway so what im looking for is for some photoshop gurus to mock me up some front kits on my pic so I can see if theres something that will appeal to my vanity; any and all help is appreciated greatly.

Kind Regards.

Chris.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Poor sheep, I have sheep and I would of been gutted if you hit one of mine.

Whats up then is that your car before the accident?

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

Poor sheep, I have sheep and I would of been gutted if you hit one of mine.

Whats up then is that your car before the accident?

I got car with this kit on it, really looks kinda flat to me, like it doesnt seem to flow with the lines of the bmw, ive never liked it, that and it was painted wrong.

Sheep farmers especially down south need to learn how to spend a dollar and how to fence properly.

1st post is of car before accident

Posted Image

And here she is after...

Edited by Syxx

Is the farmers insurance covering you?

Not sure yet, still waiting on mechanic to finalise quote, his painter tried to tell me my paint is non existant and had to respray a different colour at expense of 6k+ I told him to F**k off, took petrol flap off, went to a mates, 10 mins later i was back with the colour code.

paints non existant LOL

seriously though.. that sheep is a legend. how did you 'hit a sheep'?

u hit a sheep? wtf lol just get stock bumpers allround...would be cheaper n look better... in my opinion

Get an Mtec kit.

I'm surprised I never hit a sheep when I lived in Wyndham.

Edited by antil33t

He does live in gore.. I know most of the roads there pretty well... and yeah.. sheep do tend to get on the road.. since farmers are lazy.

They hide in the ditches and jump out at the last bloody minute... had a few near-misses.. but no accidents thank god.

He does live in gore.. I know most of the roads there pretty well... and yeah.. sheep do tend to get on the road.. since farmers are lazy.

They hide in the ditches and jump out at the last bloody minute... had a few near-misses.. but no accidents thank god.

At least someone actually gets it, I only had a split second to react so I couldnt do much really.

Side skirts and rear kit arent up for debate, I love how they look, esp rear kit, just want to see options for front kits like an m3 kit or something, didnt really anticipate defending myself all day because of asking for help :P

Guest Simon*

At least someone actually gets it, I only had a split second to react so I couldnt do much really.

Side skirts and rear kit arent up for debate, I love how they look, esp rear kit, just want to see options for front kits like an m3 kit or something, didnt really anticipate defending myself all day because of asking for help :P

Lay off guys - he likes his car and kit and is asking for help. Good on you for overlooking the bullshit mate. Sorry I can't help but maybe have a browse through this thread to get some ideas?

E36 thread

OP did you have or have insurance? looks close to just about a write off, reason I ask as I was at a BMW wrecker yesterday and there were minor accident damaged 36's there with less damage.

Just curious thats all can't help with kit query sorry.

OP did you have or have insurance? looks close to just about a write off, reason I ask as I was at a BMW wrecker yesterday and there were minor accident damaged 36's there with less damage.

Just curious thats all can't help with kit query sorry.

No insurance mate, so ive gotta wait for the quote and take it to the guy who owns the sheep and hope like hell he will pay it *holds breath* just fixing the damage im looking at $3,500, but thats incl $1,400 to rebuild the front kit which i've now decided to scrap, so a new kit should only cost like $600? should drop the total down to like $2,800, but then ive still gotta respray the whole front kit, and front quater panel and bonnet (I'm assuming they cant blend a 3 layer pearl and will have to totally redo each damaged panel)

That E36 thread had some nice pics but I still dont know what the kits are called and such for reference, also looks like theres a heap of different lip options avaliable for the same kits.

So $2800 for panel work then paint usually $350 for bonnet and each panel you could be up to $4,000.

Might pay to see what the farmer has to say my friend had the same problem and the farmer said I will fix the car himself???

Bugger of a situation really, feel for you.

So $2800 for panel work then paint usually $350 for bonnet and each panel you could be up to $4,000.

Might pay to see what the farmer has to say my friend had the same problem and the farmer said I will fix the car himself???

Bugger of a situation really, feel for you.

Im not even sure that $2800 covers panel work, just parts i think, did a little damage to suspension and steering, new control arm etc, car pulled violently to the left when driving... id say probly 5 or 6k all up

$5-6k is more than the cars worth is it not???

Keep your wheels obviously.

Nah! besides id ratha spend 6k and have a pimp car than nothing, 6k buys bugga all these days.

Besides I think im gonna keep it; Convert it to manual and drop an LS1,2 in it.

Edited by Syxx

Mate thats some bad luck! sorry to here that. Not a cheap thing to fix. Hopefully it works out for you. I like your car by the way

Mate thats some bad luck! sorry to here that. Not a cheap thing to fix. Hopefully it works out for you. I like your car by the way

Thanks mate; Would be worse if you knew my complete car ownership details ae, I really dont think im ever allowed a nice car, Actual fact is the day I hit the sheep was the day I moved back up to the gore area, and it was a 50/50 chance, as i had contemplated for about an hour whether i should go visit a mate or not, it wasnt until he bribed me with the promise of a set of pioneer competition 6x9s that i decided to go, didnt even get 4km from my house, didnt even get off the straight even...

And actual fact despite the front kit everywhere i go, everytime i stop, everytime i drive people are complimenting me, trying to get a ride in it, trying to drive it, or just trying to jump my bones coz I own it, depressing thing is alot of people think it gets sideways real easy lol, i guess coz it sounds kinda like an 8, doesnt even sound like a bmw, its violent.

Crickey d*ck I have allot to learn about E36's.

How so mate? I dont know much about them, just learnt that its possible to put an LS1 in there and i thought heyyyy.... that would be awesome! 5.7L mmmmm, was gonna put another bmw motor in there but apparently far too expensive.