Sign in to follow this  
Guest WAGON

tyre size?

Guest WAGON

what is the max tyre width you can run on an e30?

i have some new wheels they are 16s the tyres are 205's will they rit or rub like hell?

205 on 16's are sweet.....you should be able to run 225 on back as well.....maybe not on front, 215? depends....what wheels ya got?

205/50 R15 is a perfect size for E30, if the offset is good you shouldn't have any rubing issues. Glenn is running 225 on the front and 245 on the back, on 17 x 8 rims. Thats with E36 suspension and i'm not sure if he has had to roll his guards. You could probably go 225/45 R16 if you wanted, but again it comes down to the offset and rim width.

Edit- dam, gus didn't see your post

Edited by petone

I'm running 205/60/14 right now on the back as I had some old tyres to wear out - no probs, but then the smaller wheel diameter may help???

what is the max tyre width you can run on an e30?

i have some new wheels they are 16s the tyres are 205's will they rit or rub like hell?

They must be the wrong offset Evan!!

I had 225/45's on my 16x7" et28 wheels (now on Lewis's FL E30), they fit fine front & rear with on rubbing at all.

I now have 245/40 17's on the rear and I needed to roll the guards for them to fit.

I'm running 205/60/14 right now on the back as I had some old tyres to wear out - no probs, but then the smaller wheel diameter may help???

Standard E30 is either 195/60 or 195/65. So 205/60 is right in the middle. Don't go bigger than 205 on the steelies though, i think they are only 5 1/2" so 205 is probably a little too big even. As for the overall diameter, similar effect to changing diff ratio, although the effect is nowhere near as big. Bigger OD - slower accel, better milage, higher top speed. Smaller is opposite