Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

E36 Problems

Um, I wouldn't have a god damn clue, Your meaning the discs.... i think when i was talking to Mum she said around 250 odd, for 2.... Not too bad

I doubt the aftermarkets were brembos..........

dont have to be brembos, point being, paying what you do for "bmw" brake pads and rotors, you could probably get a whole lot better ones for the same price if not less, and lets not forget the huge installtion price :lol:

dont have to be brembos, point being, paying what you do for "bmw" brake pads and rotors, you could probably get a whole lot better ones for the same price if not less, and lets not forget the huge installtion price :lol:

I know sparkle, I know. You have a good point

Talk about installation prices........ (good) Engineeers must get good money ;)

brembo brake parts aren't always exceptionally "trick"

I'm pretty sure it's bnt that sell brembo discs as their main disc brand, and they arent that expensive, and of top quality, just because it's brembo doesnt mean they're hardout race sh*t

Well heres a pic of what i am a bit worried about.. but i want to get some advice from you guys instead of asking BMW about it.

Edited by BMW POWER

Well heres a pic of what i am a bit worried about.. but i want to get some advice from you guys instead of asking BMW about it... cos you's are better at this kinda sh*t :D

looks like a very f**ked boot ... you'd prob wanna get it changed so the suspension isn't clogged with sh*t ... I think so anyway .. hahah not 100%

Ill aks BMW next time i'm there... or tell Mum about it

Ali, are you going to the Dunedin street race??

I've been trying to get hold of you...

Its like trying to chase a leopard on steroids :lol:

Ill aks BMW next time i'm there... or tell Mum about it

Ali, are you going to the Dunedin street race??

I've been trying to get hold of you...

Its like trying to chase a leopard on steroids :lol:

HAH .. i've already PM'd you ....

Leopard on steroids ?? wow such a compliment .. HAHAHHA ... :lol::lol:

Yeah i got that one.

Leopard on steriods = Since leopards are so fast.. and steriods makes ya faster (add a little speed too) = Impossible to catch.

Thats what i should have said in the first place. Imposssible to catch :lol:

Anyways, what do ya's reckon we should do about the shockies?

don't worry bout the shock thing...... I can't see it causing any probs, my laurel's ones are like that, I don't see it causing a problem..... my dirt bike hasn;t got boots over the shocks, doesn't make any difference, that sh*t would go bad way faster than a car

Guest Andrew

Well heres a pic of what i am a bit worried about.. but i want to get some advice from you guys instead of asking BMW about it... cos you's are better at this kinda sh*t :D

it won't WOF like that.

it won't WOF like that.

You would be surprised. Remember mine were like that before changing the suspension, and I sailed thruogh a WOF with two like that, and that was at the Nazi testing station (I expected to fail on them, but had to rush the car through anyway as my old warrant had expired while I was overseas).

Cheers

I can't see how it would affect a warrant..... sure a c.v bot with a splpit will spew gfrease everywhere, and if sh*t gets in thur it turns nasty..... rack boot - same thing, but a shock boot isn't really required - my ae86 had orn ones nd i never ever had a problem with that for a wof, if anything just cut them off, not worth worrying about until you get new shocks in thur, BMW will sting you hard to replace them haha

Thanks guys, next time i'm there (or i will explain to Mum) i'll talk to one of the Engineers about it.

dont have to be brembos, point being, paying what you do for "bmw" brake pads and rotors, you could probably get a whole lot better ones for the same price if not less, and lets not forget the huge installtion price  :lol:

depending on the model, I think you will find that the genuine parts are not that expensive as compaired to "after market", infact I priced E30 discs & pads from repco & they were more expensive

Here is also an interesting fact , For the five years that I was involved with BMW, the "ONLY" times we saw people with brake problems such as warped discs, smokeing pads, brake faid etc, EVERY TIME, with out fail, it was after market items fitted, hence, we only ever fitted genuine

Edited by vonripsnorter

depending on the model, I think you will find that the genuine parts are not that expensive as compaired to "after market", infact I priced E30 discs & pads from repco & they were more expensive

Here is also an interesting fact , For the five years that I was involved with BMW, the "ONLY" times we saw people with brake problems such as warped discs, smokeing pads, brake faid etc, EVERY TIME, with out fail, it was after market items fitted, hence, we only ever fitted genuine

Paul, You seem to have a knack for digging threads from the grave. First the old 320, now this.. haha

It was all sorted, i think it was something about that they were actually aftermarket anyway.

It is very amusing and embarassing seeing how ignorant & childish i was back in the days of being a newbie, and my use of smileys was very O.T.T. :ph34r:

Well heres a pic of what i am a bit worried about.. but i want to get some advice from you guys instead of asking BMW about it.

That is a bumpstop rubber and nice to have if you make a habit of bottoming the car out but not necessary. Cut it off and chuck it... won't affect your warrant.

Mine were also shot and have removed them and got a warrant since. :P

That is a bumpstop rubber and nice to have if you make a habit of bottoming the car out but not necessary. Cut it off and chuck it... won't affect your warrant.

Mine were also shot and have removed them and got a warrant since. :P

Hey there.

Sorry but you may not have realised this is a very old thread, all probs have been sorted out and the car is gone and forgotten now anyway.

Thanks for the help though.

Emma.