Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Dice for e46.

My e46 has the business cd/radio (single slot up front) but no stacker in the boot. Its pre-wired for it though. jochen gave me a good link to a system where you can use an sd/usb but its a bit on the pricy side for me.I have been looking at the latest DICE system, It looks pretty much plug and play so all i would have to do is pickup a cheap ipod to put all my music on.

Anybody else run one of these units. Cost is $153 USD plus postage (dunno how much that will cost). So at around the $210nzd mark that's not to bad of a price to have all your music on tap i would have thought.

Pro's / Con's ??

yip i run a dice system

ive got the screen radio instead of the business radio so its a bit easier to use because it has a heads up display

it is pretty easy to install and use just have to read over the instructions a couple of times to get it ...haha the only problem is u have to set up your ipod semi well with all the artist ect.....

yeah Ive got a dice as well workings great only problem some times it changes my ipod setting to repeat on one song which does get annoying

what audio system will that work in? it replaces the cd changer in the boot right? will work in a 7 series?

Use to run a Dice system on the business .. then changed to a Intravee II. On the latest software the Intravee is a far better system, however the price after you buy the Alpine KCA-420i interface module makes it a fairly expensive solution. Im running 16:9 nav so I need it.

PM jochen about another option. A memory card based 'cd changer' which I think was around 250 odd euros. Looked very promising.

For those who have a Dice unit.. Did all of you buy them online or is there some place to buy them in NZ?

Yup he mentioned this one to me for a sd card based system, Plug and play in place of the cd changer.

>>Clicky me<<

that's damn mean !!!... although its bout 500 nzd + shipping... gah !!... <_< would be perfect if you could run a wire to the front for the ipod to dock.

For those who have a Dice unit.. Did all of you buy them online or is there some place to buy them in NZ?

Picked my up DICE off Trademe for 75 notes. There is a NZ dealer for Dension products that I did come across a while back.

Yup he mentioned this one to me for a sd card based system, Plug and play in place of the cd changer.

>>Clicky me<<

thats what I've got in my e39. still working through some issues with the ID3 tags on the jap radio and nav units, would probably be fine on a NZ new car. I thought about Dice or intravee but didnt want to bother with ipods.

theres also this device

http://acap.co.nz/products/dension/gateway-300/

$250+gst NZD - havent used this though

thats what I've got in my e39. still working through some issues with the ID3 tags on the jap radio and nav units, would probably be fine on a NZ new car. I thought about Dice or intravee but didnt want to bother with ipods.

theres also this device

http://acap.co.nz/products/dension/gateway-300/

$250+gst NZD - havent used this though

that looks good. may have a look see and if its good ill buy it and give feedback here :D so damn pissed at the cd changer now..

Try www.gadgets4u.co.nz for dice kits.

Hi Jochen - thanks for all of your help - embarassed to say that it ended up being a faulty cable connector - excellent radio reception now and the Denison IPod converter is working a treat (pricey though) - thanks again