Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

M20 Radiator Pipes

After replacing the waterpump, still leaks from elsewhere... doesn't look like it's coming from the engine (no water on the block/head)

I'm pretty sure it's coming from one of the pipes... some of the pipes looked pretty passed it when I had them all out..

I'm tempted to take it to the radiator shop and have it pressure tested if I get no luck in finding the leak tomorrow.

however, the car drove fine, temp diddn't get overly high, heater works, even gave the engine a bit of a boot, still no change in temps...

Would be keen to get a new set (the big four, rest are pretty fine)

Where would be the best place to get all four?

I had a leak similar to your situation. I had it pressure tested, turns out that 2 hose clamps werent tightened.

My two leaks were from the cylinder head connecting to breather hose, and leak from top radiator hose on cylinder head connection

rather than trying to diagnose it and then purchasing $100 of dollars worth of parts, why dont ya just take it to the pro's and let them sort it out. Prob wont cost you as much as replacing everything only to find it was the thermostat housing that you may have already thought you'd checked.

Fixed it now <.< still want to replace the pipes at some stage though.

um bmw i think is the best place to go. iirc repco and soforth dont have listings for them.

Yeah, I went to get a quote for somewhere to adjust my lifters properly...

and the pipe that goes from the t-stat housing to the waterpump burst. Cheap hoseclamps cut up the pipe by the looks of it.

Yeah, I went to get a quote for somewhere to adjust my lifters properly...

and the pipe that goes from the t-stat housing to the waterpump burst. Cheap hoseclamps cut up the pipe by the looks of it.

Think mine has the same problem, seems to have a slight leak too only after running.

Tighten all the hoses up, use a socket not a screwdriver. make sure they are the kind of hose clamp that won't cut into your hose, failing all that get a pressure test.

took a leaking car to the radiator place and they found out the problem in like 10 seconds.