Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Does any anybody know of a shop with diag equipment

Anybody in chch know of any other tech's around other than bmw and kevin bert that has bmw diag equip, I am trying to sort out this alarm thing but thoses two place's are not even intrested in hooking the car up to see if they can activate it. Any suggestions

Edited by M-Spec

if you dont mind me asking, why wont BMW do it? that tells you something?

I rang them and asked and they just said no, I can't see why they could not just hook up the system and at least see but apparently not.

Anybody in chch know of any other tech's around other than bmw and kevin bert that has bmw diag equip, I am trying to sort out this alarm thing but thoses two place's are not even intrested in hooking the car up to see if they can activate it. Any suggestions

Acton Automotive at 8 Philips St (near AMI Stadium) services BMW (along with VW & Subaru) and they have diagnosic gear.

Edited by bikerchris

Acton Automotive at 8 Philips St (near AMI Stadium) services BMW (along with VW & Subaru) and they have diagnosic gear.

Thanks for that Chris i may have to drop in and see them.

Wow just dropped into Acton Automotive as suggested by Chris and what a great bunch of guys. He scanned it for me but at the end of the day said that there was nothing he could do. He said he has heard of what i was trying to do but would have to use the system that bmw tech uses.

By far a wasted trip he gave me some prices of things like full service etc and he quoted like 1/2 the price of BMW so to me thats a ftw.