Sign in to follow this  
MrDevine

Pair of E34 540's

The wife liked mine so much she got her own. The 96 Oxfordgrun isn't quite as good condition as mine – but has service history. Things like radiator, water pump et al been replaced. Has 169k on clock. I suspect needs a couple of front suspension bushings as can hear a knock on left front. But overall for the money not too bad. The wheels are scuffed as – anyone know if its worth having them repainted or replaced?

Other picture is my E34, which I had dropped on Bilsteins and H&Rs and picked up this morning. Rides sweet as.

Mr D.

post-3679-1269667324.jpg

post-3679-1269667307.jpg

post-3679-1269667282.jpg

post-3679-1269667347.jpg

Did I spot your car in St Mary's Bay on thu?

Yeah probably, I work in Ponsonby.

Just a quick question, What fuel economy do you get on your 540? Just wondering cause my old one used to get about 14-17ltr per 100km alot of driving was going queen st up and down.

14l per 100 is about normal city/motorway driving. Hows ya M3 go?

I met your wife in the carpark at work.. BM540 is very tidy.. I will have a nosey at her one when she drives it to work.

Yeah Nicola mentioned that the other day – she tells me you're putting a V12 in a E34?!! How's that going? Have you got a picture somewhere?

The green forty is not too bad at all. I think it will need a new cv/ball joint/bushing or something as I can hear a knock in left front at low speed. Will let Glenn have a look at it next week. Other than that drives good.

Mr D.

14l per 100 is about normal city/motorway driving. Hows ya M3 go?

the obc says 9.5-10ltr per 100km but i drive that on highway most time.

Was that the Green 540 that was for sale up north?? Was so keen on that car and knew it would clean up nicely. Well done.

Yeah Apex, we brought it off a guy from KeriKeri – cleaned up sweet – should be a good runner.

Yes she is another tidy example you have there.. I especially like the donut skid marks Nicola left in the carpark.. she's getting the hang of them now.