Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Cheap XKR-8 Supercharged

Guest Ari Gold

My last car (GTS) was my daily and I can report that they don't do 15l / 100km as quoted combined, add another 5-7 - that with doing up to 1000km a week gets very boring on your fuel bill at the 20th of the month!

Ha, I've been rocking a VE SS-V ute as a work hack recently, and have been getting 25L/100KM as an average. I'm filling it everyday I drive it... I can't imagine how bad a GTS was.

Admittedly it's covered in stickers and bogans love it when you disable traction control at the lights, but what can you do!

Speaking of Jag's, Tom and I used to roll in an 87 sovereign (twin cam 4L) and that was lucky to see 18L/100Km round town. Made a great noise though!

Ha, I've been rocking a VE SS-V ute as a work hack recently, and have been getting 25L/100KM as an average. I'm filling it everyday I drive it... I can't imagine how bad a GTS was.

Admittedly it's covered in stickers and bogans love it when you disable traction control at the lights, but what can you do!

Speaking of Jag's, Tom and I used to roll in an 87 sovereign (twin cam 4L) and that was lucky to see 18L/100Km round town. Made a great noise though!

Thats some serious thrashing to get that. On a trip mine would settle down to about 9litres / 100km but around town you need to double that.

25l !!! FARK!

Worst car I ever had was a P38 Range Rover 4.6 - that was doing about 25 / 100km - was an absolute PIG!

Guest Ari Gold

Thats some serious thrashing to get that. On a trip mine would settle down to about 9litres / 100km but around town you need to double that.

25l !!! FARK!

Round town, stop start, never out of 1st or 2nd, that sort of driving. And anything other than that and it gets a serious caning.

Guest Simon*

Round town, stop start, never out of 1st or 2nd, that sort of driving. And anything other than that and it gets a serious caning.

I do that in mine and still get better than 14L/100km :D

Use to buy my wife beaters at the local off license in my Cricklewood Massiff.

I think Stella is called Lion Red in NZ.

I thought it was Double Brown - there is possibly some truth in your claim as Lion Red was the commonly (on more than one occasion) consumed refreshment in the hit movie Once were Warriors.

Edited by Clinton

Once were Warriors.

....New Zealand's favourite romantic comedy.

....New Zealand's favourite romantic comedy.

Incorrect:

Voted in Australia as the best New Zealand Documentary.