Sign in to follow this  
smokenbaby

Carbon Fibre

How many people would be interested in a Carbon Intake manifold cover. If there is enough SERIOUS demand I will be willing to make some.

Edited by smokenbaby

I will hazard a guess and say somewhere around the $300 mark. That will be Clear Coat finish with mounting kit and instructions. For E30 6 cylinders only.

Would be very keen if ya could make one up for a e46 ...

would need to have a manifold first so I can make a mould. It is something I would be keen to do but not till in a few months. E30 is easy as I have a spare manifold laying around.

what benefits would i have apart from looking cool?

would need to have a manifold first so I can make a mould. It is something I would be keen to do but not till in a few months. E30 is easy as I have a spare manifold laying around.

Done ... It will tie things off nicely with my modding timeline..

no probs on give ya the rocker covers for a few days ... (im talking rocker covers not intake manifold covers :D

Edited by hybrid

Rocker covers are a very complex thing to make. The have an internal baffle plate (for emmision - venting through to breather) and will need to be vac bagged and auto claved. This is going to cost a shite load. Plus I don't have an auto clave.

Intake manifold covers are just a moulded and shaped cover that sits on top and over your existing manifold to hide casting marks, unsightly wires etc. They sit 5mm off the manifold so there is an air gap and bolt on using existing mounting points (be it throttle body to manifold and other non used but drilled and tapped holes.

smokenbaby bro .. sounds like if you can manufacture some of this stuff youll make yourself some cash ... If the qaulity and price is nice. There is a few of us who would pay ...

quality is only as good as the mould. The more time spent cleaning, sanding, polishing and smoothing the better the finish. All this takes time so the price would have to represent this. I am not talking thousands but will be alittle more than the $300 mark like the E30.