Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

E36 Footwell Space

Just wondering since I have only driven my E36 but I feel kinda uncomfortable with the space between the break pedal and the underdash steering panel. My foot sometimes gets a bit jammed between it and the break. Is this similar to all E36's? or would it be that my underdash panel is sagging a bit too low?

Just wondering since I have only driven my E36 but I feel kinda uncomfortable with the space between the break pedal and the underdash steering panel. My foot sometimes gets a bit jammed between it and the break. Is this similar to all E36's? or would it be that my underdash panel is sagging a bit too low?

you might find you are missing a fastener or the underpanel peice is broken..

do you have big feet/wear bulky shoes? this has happened to me quite a few times in my e30 when wearing my work boots

Edited by flake

Umm nah don't wear bulky shoes. Just like adidas casual footwear most of the time, no big bulky work boots or skate shoes etc.

I just had a quick look and it appears that everythign appears to be screwed in. but the panel looks a bit warped.. maybe i should buy a replacement and see if that makes it diff.

Umm nah don't wear bulky shoes. Just like adidas casual footwear most of the time, no big bulky work boots or skate shoes etc.

I just had a quick look and it appears that everythign appears to be screwed in. but the panel looks a bit warped.. maybe i should buy a replacement and see if that makes it diff.

we have a panel if you need one that isn't warped, it is black

cheers

Jon Keren

04 3801089

Sort of like the space between the accelerator and the brake on an e30. Do German's have small feet or something?

Yea the pedals are fairly tight on my auto e36 eh, was thinking the same thing over the weekend. Jumped into a manual audi and no issue.

Can't be all Germans, just the BMW drivers :D

My size 10s' catch on some panel under there

I took mine off, it's broken anyway so I'm gonna trim it up so it only covers up the wires, but not the pedals.

I guess only some people have a problem with it. Im thinking of doing the same ^, just gonna trim mine back for before and see if thats alright. Otherwise I'll just buy a 2nd hand one. Cheers