Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

electric to manual

hey there

just wanted to know if its possible to change from electric windows to manual wind up windows?

if so is it easy???

cheers :thumb:

wether its easy or not, give me ur electris bits B)

i cant imagine its tooo easy, although i guess its the same as going from manual to elec? i suppose u just need the guts from a manual window and ur away laughing!!!

on second thoughts.... ur windows dont work, do they?

The doors have holes for mounting either electic or manual winding mechanisim, but the glass is different so could end up an expensive exersize.

I just had one of my door cards off last weekend to fix my seized (from not being used in 5 weeks) window motor. Fixed by putting an allen key in the manual door winder bit, giving it a few turns.. assisting the window up. Then lubricating the runners with graphite powder which the bits that hold the glass slide up on.

I'm not sure if you can just remove the motor then use the manual connection as I didn't need to take the motor out. Going on Greame's post (who seems to know what he's on about) I don't think you can.

hmmm maybe i need to do wat you did

cos currently one one window is working that i know of

i just thought it would be a easier option to change to manual just incase the one that works decides to crap out