Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

Heads up for those looking to buy a low mileage M3 CSL

If the rego has lapsed it's most likely still sitting in a police shed somewhere. The legal wheels turn slowly

You might be right Doug but I dont know why the Police wouldnt put the reg on hold.

Info from one guy on NZhondas

"seized by NZ Police Otahuhu

Contact

THE OFFICIAL ASSIGNEE INSOLVENCY & TRUSTEE SERVICE (PROCEEDS OF CRIME) MINISTRY OF ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT on 0508-467658

for further advice "

Guest Ari Gold

Yea that's the one I was referring to.

And according to the number plate, i'm pretty sure a few bimersport members have met him.

Josh, remember that guy with one that we met on the cruise way out east? Is it the same plate?

hey guys, what sort of dollars would the CSL go for, and would the Police actually know what they have to sell?

Yea that's the one I was referring to.

And according to the number plate, i'm pretty sure a few bimersport members have met him.

Josh, remember that guy with one that we met on the cruise way out east? Is it the same plate?

Unsure if its the same cruise I'm talking about but I think it was anzac/anniv weekend meet that was about 2007, my memory isnt so sh*t hot but wasnt that the one with the plate [M3CSL]

Speaking of [M3 CSL], saw this at hampton downs today going for a blat.

Very very nice car

Guest Ari Gold

Unsure if its the same cruise I'm talking about but I think it was anzac/anniv weekend meet that was about 2007, my memory isnt so sh*t hot but wasnt that the one with the plate [M3CSL]

On the maretai coast road, roughish looking guy with big timberland boots, had a pretty extensive Valentine and jammer package, detectors and scramblers front and rear.

UPDATE!

First off let me be clear, I am only the messenger and have been asked to gather 'real and serious buyers' only. So if you are a dreamer then please don't PM me about this.

I just got off the phone with Andrew McMillan of Team McMillan BMW (and for the record my wife no longer works for them so neither myself nor my wife have any pecuniary interest out of this at all) I've simply been contacted because I own a CSL and might have the potential to know of prospective buyers.

At the moment they are waiting for confirmation from the finance company on what the deal is - there's a possibility that this will not go to auction and might be sold through Team McMillan.

So if you are seriously interested and have the means to afford this car can you please PM me your name and contact details (a phone number will do) and somebody from Team McMillan will be in touch when they have a clearer picture of what is happening. They will even show you the car from what I have been told.

Thank you all.

Edited by M3_Power

Okay have had another opportunity to look at this car in light today rather than a dark workshop and it really needs a good tidy up - I've PM'd the prospective purchasers some of my observations about the vehicle. It unfortunately was not as tidy as I originally thought - but would tidy up very nicely given the right attitude and expense. If you want details PM me.

both a black M3 CSL and a new black M3 have just been listed on trademe. same cars?

Mileage is a bit high on that CSL along with the price. Imported as well

this one?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-284032344.htm

This is the crowd that import via Singapore I believe

Both the CSL and E90 M3 are UK imports. You can see the tax disc on the E90 and the CSL has service stamps from a BMW place in Essex. Maybe the importing of these cars from Singapore has got too hard and the GBP/NZD exchange rate is pretty good....

Both the CSL and E90 M3 are UK imports. and the CSL has service stamps from a BMW place in Essex. Maybe the importing of these cars from Singapore has got too hard and the GBP/NZD exchange rate is pretty good....

Correct, I would think the the CSL has been imported to Singapore from England and then imported here, if you click on the listings and profile of the seller it comes up as 'Jerry' i.e. Jerry Clayton, he now lives in Singapore and has a business up there buying second hand cars and importing them back here under the name Kiwi Autos.

If you click on the auction of the S430L it still has Singapore number plates on it.

Brillant looking CSL though, anyway back on topic. Sorry about that

Correct, I would think the the CSL has been imported to Singapore from England and then imported here, if you click on the listings and profile of the seller it comes up as 'Jerry' i.e. Jerry Clayton, he now lives in Singapore and has a business up there buying second hand cars and importing them back here under the name Kiwi Autos.

If you click on the auction of the S430L it still has Singapore number plates on it.

Brillant looking CSL though, anyway back on topic. Sorry about that

That could be the case, however I see the last service stamp for the CSL was Jan 2009 in the UK and looking at the photos, the brick buildings in the background certainly looks like "Typical England" with the signage etc.

I may well be wrong though....

this one?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-284032344.htm

This is the crowd that import via Singapore I believe

I knew I've seen that car some where ...

Isn't it against trademe rules to list something that isn't "in transit"??

Also based on my calculation, the listing price is about $10,000 mark up profit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-53-Reg-BMW-M3-C...=item2a055b898e

Edited by M3_Power

Got a call this afternoon .... this CSL is going to the South Island apparently ... sold for $85K+

Came as a surprise to me too, apparently the buyer bought the car unsighted, wanted it straight away and paid for it over the phone and bought it.

A good result then. A rare opportunity so no doubt someone took it at a premium

Hmmm I think I may know the owner it went too :) Father of a best friend of Ange and I.

Very deserving home and it will be well looked after.

Sorry bud, I dont live in the south island so no can do.

He bought Conrods old Escourt RS cossy and wanted something NA as a toy.

Will get some pics next time I go skiing.