Sign in to follow this  
SILNCR

What colour is this?

Hey guys,

Im about to respray my car on friday and have seen a couple of late model bmw m3's and x5's with a really nice white but its kind of 2 tone or has a very slight pearl in it or something... However its REALLY REALLY NICE and very subtle!!! From far away it just looks like a nice arctic white but when you see it up close or on a different angle it slightly changes... Sorry hard to explain....

I went to BMW but they cant help me unless i have a rego or some sort of code number.

Its definatly not alpine white.

Anyway panelbeater wants to know what paint i want by 2moro midday so have to find out ASAP what the colour code is...

If anyone can help me narrow it down to 2 paint codes it could be it will be very much appreciated.

I have seen the colour codes on this forum and there are about 7 whites in the bmw colour code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kish

I think the colour kind of looks like these in the pics below...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

looking at www.bmwinfo.com the only white that is under both cars looks to be "Alpinweiss III" with the colour number: 300

keeping in mind there is obviously three different types of alpine weiss looking at that code.

Edited by bmw3

Hey guys,

Im about to respray my car on friday and have seen a couple of late model bmw m3's and x5's with a really nice white but its kind of 2 tone or has a very slight pearl in it or something... However its REALLY REALLY NICE and very subtle!!! From far away it just looks like a nice arctic white but when you see it up close or on a different angle it slightly changes... Sorry hard to explain....

I went to BMW but they cant help me unless i have a rego or some sort of code number.

Its definatly not alpine white.

Anyway panelbeater wants to know what paint i want by 2moro midday so have to find out ASAP what the colour code is...

If anyone can help me narrow it down to 2 paint codes it could be it will be very much appreciated.

I have seen the colour codes on this forum and there are about 7 whites in the bmw colour code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kish

I think the colour kind of looks like these in the pics below...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the cars pictures are code 300 Alpine white 3 ( alpine white 1 & two are E30 & e36 colours ;)

Thanks for the help guys.. Have gone for the alpine white III 300.

Hope it turns out how it looks in those pics and not just a plain jane white like some some of the alpine whites...

Was the choice over lexus 077 white pearl.

Will post pics of the car next week when i get it back ;)