Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

BMW X1 Launch Wellington

Preceded by a fashion show from Workshop. Apparently the same format (fashion show etc.) for all of NZ.

There was a 550i GT (sold!!) and X6M as well as 750i M (picture didn't come out perfect so deleted).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Man that X1 is ugly. Saw one today and wanted to slap the owner for bad taste

my boss went to the launch and didn't think much of it , he said the build quality of the X1 was crap, he said the leather didn't even look like real leather .......... so im trying to make him spend a bit more and get a M3

Did anyone see Clarksons review of the X6 where he went all over the place, sh*t didn't look good for it.

Both me and my wife liked the X1. It's something different and (relatively) affordable. Different options trim (inside and out) and wheel combination makes a big difference in its uglyness.

Have to admit, it doesn't have that "sense of occasion" when I climb into the X1 compare to climb into my e46 coupe or any M-car.

not really a fan aye?!

Saw one here in Spain about a month ago, didn't relise what it was at first. Definetly not a fan of them, the one I saw was this horrible poo brown.

Wow .. wasn't expecting so much hate for this model ... I actually really like the car and to be honest it looks better in person than in photos. The front actually looks really good (hints of the new 7 series crossed with the new 5), the side profile is a little bit odd in some places, but overall I think the car fits in quite a nice niche market that will compete with the likes of the VW Golf, Audi A3s and maybe even the Rav4 like vehicles from Jap land.

I went to the Team Mc launch and again same format (and looks like the same cat walk models - man these models must be really hung over by now haha), less the X6M and 550GT (now this is what you call ugly, although it does drive rather well - but for the money I'd just get a 7 series and be done with it).

Must be a Team Mc customer thing then, all I heard was good praises for the car and I believe they already have a few on the books for delivery too (spotted my first customer car yesterday on the road out East Auckland actually)

Edited by M3_Power

why wont they make a proper 4 x 4 to broaden their range?? instead of that x1. saw one in new market.. gah.. ugly thing..

Must be a Team Mc customer thing then, all I heard was good praises for the car and I believe they already have a few on the books for delivery too (spotted my first customer car yesterday on the road out East Auckland actually)

Out of the 4 cars that were there, 3 already sold so JG Wgtn only has one left as a demo vehicle.

Actually at this launch there were heaps and heaps of young females, which weren't the traditional BMW target market. Until I realised that there was a fashion show as well.... After the cars were unveiled the only people that went to the cars, got in and tried a few things were the 'older' couples (including us), while the 'younger' crowd happily continued sipping the bubbles and eating, ignoring the cars. We agreed with another couple that sometimes it was pretty hard to distinguish between the Blanketman and a few of the male models.

Definitely not something that I'd spend my $ on. Actually there is nothing that I like at the moment 'cept for the occasional Maserati :D

Alright, next is the new 5 series launch. Should be (much?) better.

Wow .. wasn't expecting so much hate for this model ... I actually really like the car and to be honest it looks better in person than in photos. The front actually looks really good (hints of the new 7 series crossed with the new 5), the side profile is a little bit odd in some places, but overall I think the car fits in quite a nice niche market that will compete with the likes of the VW Golf, Audi A3s and maybe even the Rav4 like vehicles from Jap land.

I went to the Team Mc launch and again same format (and looks like the same cat walk models - man these models must be really hung over by now haha), less the X6M and 550GT (now this is what you call ugly, although it does drive rather well - but for the money I'd just get a 7 series and be done with it).

Completely agree.

Definitely not something that I'd spend my $ on. Actually there is nothing that I like at the moment 'cept for the occasional Maserati :D

Oooooh yeah Maserati's are sooooooo nice.