Sign in to follow this  
mikejosep

BMW 325i 1987 Alternator

Hello

AA roadside recently replaced my car battery. They ran it through their machine, said the alternator was fine but battery cell was dead. One week later the new battery is dead.

I normally took my vehicle to Willie on Jutland in Dunedin but I am now in Wellington

Should I call up AA and have them road side diagnose the battery/alternator to see what the problem is or

Call up AA and tow the car to Page European (are they likely to have a replacement alternator for an 87 BMW 325i?)

Thanks very much for any help

Nick

Nick.

If they tested the battery & confirmed a dead cell - then yes - the battery was faulty & needed replacement.

A problem now could be one of a few things - if infact battery is flat - maybe alternator or current draw at rest.

If not flat - possibly faulty new battery (possible) or crook starter or circuit. Depending on symptom

Probably best bet is to get AA out again to confirm problem & get the car to an auto sparky to fix.

No, I would doubt the agents would have a replacement alternator.

If you find you need one - I can supply a rebuilt one to suit.

JK Southern Euro (forum sponsor) are based in wellington and will probably have one for you too. may be able to instal/diagnose etc too.

Hi,

have plenty alternators and happy to help,

can collect the car if it will not start

21 Palm grove

Berhampore

Wellington

04 3801089

cheers Jon