Sign in to follow this  
bmw335i

e34 lsd

Hi guys,

took my diff out yesterday with no problems (really)....

putting the lsd back in and i cant get flange to slide into the drive shaft bolts/ have been under the car calling it all sorts of names but it just doesnt want to know about it.

Ive tried to slide the flange into the bolts first ( as it says in the haynes manual ) and cant even get that far..

Then i tried bolting up the unit, then lining up the bolts and flange and that wont work either

is there something im doing wrong?

i just had a read on the net and cant find much about it. on one page said put it in upside down, slide the flange through then turn it up the right way?

I'm unsure what medium case diffs are like, but for my 540i...

We jacked the diff up so it was just sitting inside the rear subframe, then lined the d/shaft bolts up the best we could and slowly proceeded to jack diff up.

The diff basically lined up perfectly with the d/shaft at this point and we were away laughing.

Hope this helps

All in now. musthave somehow bent one of the drive shaft bolts slightly so it wudnt line up.

Good stuff. Loved your car at the meet!

Still have those coverless throwing stars?

yea still got them on the car. also have a set of alpinas that in getting fixed up. 17 x 81/2 and 17 x 10 :ph34r: