Sign in to follow this  
htra024

E46328C break warning light on now

Hi all,

My E46 328C 99 break warning light just on. Please quote total price to fix the issue.

Would it be more efficiency to buy pads from this store?

Living in Auckland central so prefer to go somewhere nearby.

Thanks

K

get it scanned bro.. the warning light is only telling you there is an error code of some sort. there are many error codes that come from the braking system.

Have you looked at your discs yet to even see if they need replacing?

for pricing on discs just give one of the dealers a phone.

Dont install non OEM rotors or pads (unless its a qaulity replacement like brembo etc etc) especailly on an e46 as they WILL just warp and youll be up for paying for some more again anyways. Best way is OEM full stop.

Hi all,

My E46 328C 99 break warning light just on. Please quote total price to fix the issue.

Would it be more efficiency to buy pads from this store?

Living in Auckland central so prefer to go somewhere nearby.

Thanks

K

could be just the pad wear indicators.See if you can download a manual if you dont have one.

I've been told that break need to be done next WOF so I believe its time for me to change pads and might machine rotors all rounds.

Please quote if you can.

Thanks.

K

Dude, you can't expect anyone to give you a quote for work like that over the inter web, could be any number of parts in the brakes that need replacing

So much easier/quicker/accurate to take it to a workshop and get them to price it and get the work done

Guest Ari Gold

I've been told that break need to be done next WOF so I believe its time for me to change pads and might machine rotors all rounds.

Please quote if you can.

three thousand and one internets.

In the case that my friend change the pads and rotors, would we need to change sensors as well to clear the warning light on dash? Thanks

It may be the pads are so far down it has tripped the wear sensors which will have to be replaced.