Sign in to follow this  
bmw_tonci

two minor problems

Hey guys,

Just brought an e36 328i coupé that has two minor electrical issues that I was hoping to repair myself if possible. (buying the car made a large dent in the coffers).

First is the passenger side window doesn't work. When opening the door, which should make the window drop a centimetre, this doesn't happen however i can hear a slight noise from the engine. When I had the car checked the guys from McMillan also said that the switch was unplugged also.

So first question is what are the possible causes? I haven't taken the door inner off yet to have a look, mostly because I wouldn't be sure what to look for. Secondly how easily is this fixed and what parts am I going to need.

The second fault is the fan and air-con only working on full speed (speed4), I'm told this is an easy fix as you just replace the switch, where can i purchase this and also how is it removed and replaced?

Alternatively is it better to just have the work done at a local auto-electrican? or will they charge the earth?

Cheers in advance

Tonci

go see glen at botany motor works, sounds like you window motor or switch and your fan speed rersistor need replacement. prity easy just take a little time . good luck.

ok sweet as, im gonna give him a call tomorrow anyway about getting a clutch replacement.

cheers