Sign in to follow this  
bmwNewbe

e46 light control unit

hi all. i have an e46 2000 pre facelift and it only has rear fog lights so was wondering if it is possible to put in a light unit with the front/rear fog switch and wire up the front fogs from there?

the fog wiring loom isnt a problem its just a case if im able to use another control unit or not and if any programing needs done or not as alot of e46 systems need programed.

hi all. i have an e46 2000 pre facelift and it only has rear fog lights so was wondering if it is possible to put in a light unit with the front/rear fog switch and wire up the front fogs from there?

the fog wiring loom isnt a problem its just a case if im able to use another control unit or not and if any programing needs done or not as alot of e46 systems need programed.

Answers to your questions:

Q1 = yes

Q2 = yes, programming required

Answers to your questions:

Q1 = yes

Q2 = yes, programming required

dont suppose you know off hand what pins you go from on the lcm multiplug?

also is it only bmw can program the lcm or can the pa-soft bmw software do it as a friend has it and would mean it would be possible then to do all myself.

thanks for the responce.