Sign in to follow this  
J~~

Mtech and gray side skirt. E36

Hey guys just a question.

Does the mtech side skirt go on top of your existing gray skirts for E36?

Because the gray one looks like it's connected to the car.

Cheers

Yeap, the grey ones are part of the body, not supposed to come off.

The sideskirts go over top of these, will just need a few holes for the clips that hold the sideskirt on. If you're thinking about doing this there are heaps of DIY's out there that will have pictures, which will make more sense than this.

Yeap, the grey ones are part of the body, not supposed to come off.

The sideskirts go over top of these, will just need a few holes for the clips that hold the sideskirt on. If you're thinking about doing this there are heaps of DIY's out there that will have pictures, which will make more sense than this.

Oh Thanks.

Where do I drill the holes? I Googled it and all the sites related to it eg BMWDIY etc are all not working :/

Thanks for the reply.

You'd be best to measure it up on one with them for yourself. I could measure up mine if you can't find one near you.

I think there might also be clips into the underside and rear of the skirt aswell, not sure if the holes for those are already there?

Hey,

If you have a look at the diy's on the net, you will see that if/when you buy new ones, you get a template, and this ensures (to a point) that you are drilling holes in roughly the right place.

I am about to do mine, but as I have secoundhand ones, I will have to do what I can to get them to line up as nice as I can do it. Just take ya time I supposse. I will probably put a dab of white silicon on all of the male tabs then get me bro to help me line it up as nicely as possible and touch the original sill, it will then leave a little bit of white silicon and there you have some indicators to drill your holes with.

Thats what I will probably do anyway.

Hey guys just a question.

Does the mtech side skirt go on top of your existing gray skirts for E36?

Because the gray one looks like it's connected to the car.

Cheers