Sign in to follow this  

Autocross 23/05/10 - Cancelled

Date: 23 May 2010

Time: Documentation From 10.00, Racing ASAP!!

Venue: 127 Hermitage Road, Waiuku. (Signs from Main Pukekohe Waiuku Road)

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=17127 hermitage road - Google Maps

Cost: $30

Requirements: MSNZ Club registered member, Helmet, Overalls, Fire Extinguisher as per normal, 100% cotton work overalls OK.

For those who click the link, it is obvious to see we have a fair amount of room here and the course is going to be fast and fun, with a little tight bits thrown in the mix for good measure.

I have yet to stand in the actual paddock, but can confirm the surrounding is smooth.

We're checking but the requirement to be club member may be dropped if it's your first event.

Update

Pukekohe Car Club now allow anyone interested in having a go to compete in 1 PCC Autocross event before requiring club membership!!!!. All other safety requirements apply but this makes it a little easier for people to come and have a go

Edited by 2002

Just wondering if an open top car (MX5) is going to be an issue? Do I need MSNZ roll protection?

How much is it to be a club member?

Cheers :)

Just wondering if an open top car (MX5) is going to be an issue? Do I need MSNZ roll protection?

How much is it to be a club member?

Cheers :)

Open top car should be OK but I'll check.

PPC Club membership is $50, but membership of any Motorsport NZ affilated club is OK

Any updates on the open top car rules?

Sorry about the delay, I'm waiting on the club scrutineer to get back to me, his initial reponse was it should be OK provided that your head is lower than the top of the windscreen. But - apparently this has opened a can of worms and he's checking with the Motorsport NZ technical officer.

My head is lower than the top of the with screen...but there isn't anything behind the driver..and most msnz events require at least a roll hoop behind the driver. Mx5's do have dubious rollover safety by the looks of things.. :(

Sorry,

Word has been passed down from higher up, that you will not be allowed to race in open top car.

Sorry,

Word has been passed down from higher up, that you will not be allowed to race in open top car.

Righto, thanks for finding out.

Due to the continuous heavy rain of Friday the paddock, and access to it, are no longer in a suitable condition for this weekend’s grass autocross.

This event has been cancelled.

All attempts to have the venue available for a re-scheduled date are being made.