Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Door locks stuck in deadlock mode

Woke up this morning to find my car would not unlock at all with my key in any lock other than the boot.

basically, I could turn the driver lock from the 90 degree deadlock position back to 12 o'oclock but was stuck and did not move past to the unlock position.. So basically all the doors are stuck and deadlocked meaning they won't just unlock..

I managed to get the drivers door open a weird way holding the key a certain way and tugging the door handle.. And with this I took the driver door apart and removed and checked the lock and it is working 100% fine, put it back in with no central locking motor connected though.

What is the switch connector that fits up on the lock? I'm assuming it is the dead lock switch? Any ideas how to pop the others out of deadlock mode as I can only lock and unlock my driver door now that it is not connected to the central locking stuff and the swtich is off of the key barrel.

I can't turn the passenger door to unlock either.

So basically I have 3 deadlocked doors and my driver door.. ugh..

Sooo:

Boot unlocks only the boot.

Driver door is just the locking mechanisms now, both central locking and the top switch are disconnected.

Fuel filler is also locked shut.

Edited by e30ftw

try replacing you central lock module . get jerald to sus you one to borrow

I've tryed it, I had a spare working one and it clicks when I do the unlock test, But I think cos it's in deadlock they don't actually unlock til i jumper something else or maybe whatever this unlock inhibit switch is??

Been there before. Check for corroded connections/broken wires in drivers door jamb

Yeah I'm guessing it is related to the 'A' pillar plug due to moisture (first time my cars been out in the rain).

Any ideas as to getting the doors unlocked?

Look in the drivers door pillar first. Thats where I found the problem & is the most likely one as it is most used..

If not drivers- You can, carefully, remove the front door trims with the door still shut, then disconnect the locking motor & release the catch. I had to do this to the drivers door to be able to open it to fix wiring