Sign in to follow this  
central3

Lowering E46 motorsport

Dispite an earlier comment re not lowering my motorsport I have purchased a set of BBS CH 18x8.5 rims (cheers Sam) and am now keen on a more agressive stance. Keith is out of stock for H&R springs, I can purchase H&R ex Australia for NZ$660 or ex USA for NZ$520. Could also do Eibach's ex USA for around NZ$550. Trademe offerings are Kings or Jamex. The Jamex springs are very cheap at $299. Any comments on why H&R/Eibach would be superior to Jamex?

Also the main "stance issue" is the front guard arch gap, any advice on whether to go low or super low would be appreciated. I'm inclinded to the low's which should drop the vehicle by 10-15mm but the images I have seen of super lows look pretty good. Will super lows give me any 100mm WOF height issues? Will the ride be too comprimised (note I have a new set of Bilstiens fitted so new springs should be well controlled).

post-3258-1273971138.jpg

Edited by central3

This is my brothers E46 328i 1998 lowered. Rides / drives nice, superlow Jamex. Cost $399 installed in Auckland

(he's selling this car in case any one you know wants one $9900post-64-1274088153.jpg)

Edited by elliot7

My E46 328 with 30mm drop- Voglands X Keith. Big diff to ride and cornering.

Thats not a good look you have at moment, looks 4WD clearance.

Sure you will sort, don't skimp on good steel, they will soften.

post-2455-1274061296.jpg

Came with lifetime warranty, cold wound spring, and is 100mm of the ground. Hard to beat that eh. Perfect

Edited by elliot7

110mm springs, plus cert.

Way to go

post-2991-1274090022.jpg

Edited by Mash

110mm springs, plus cert.

Way to go

is this bagged or just ridiculously dropped?

haha mean bro i remenber that ride, its slammed on 120mm compressed with shortened shocks

I have Bilstein coil overs all round with big sway bars and 18' BBS CH's.

The ride is quite firm, would not want to go any firmer, but the handling on the open road and track is excelent, and personally I think the ride hight is just right

post-478-1274087253.jpg

I have Bilstein coil overs all round with big sway bars and 18' BBS CH's.

The ride is quite firm, would not want to go any firmer, but the handling on the open road and track is excelent, and personally I think the ride hight is just right

The car looks great - this is the ride hieght I am after - what width and offset are the CH's?

This is my brothers E46 328i 1998 lowered. Rides / drives nice, superlow Jamex. Cost $399 installed in Auckland

(hes selling this car in case any one you know wants one)

Resize picture please. Cheers

The picture hasn't come through - can you try again please

Nope this one ain't bagged, just 110 -120mm drop, sitting around 40-50mm of ground.

Sold it about a year ago, has chromes and all that shi*t jaz now.

post-2991-1274089842.jpg

The car looks great - this is the ride hieght I am after - what width and offset are the CH's?

18 x 8.5, and the offset is 35.

18 x 8.5, and the offset is 35.

Waht tyre sizes are your running - when you say big sway bars what have you done here - how is the ride/handling?

Also the main "stance issue" is the front guard arch gap,

Are you able to just put lows on the front? don't know how this would effect handling.

Waht tyre sizes are your running - when you say big sway bars what have you done here - how is the ride/handling?

I didn't have any of this work done as it came from Japan as it is, so I also dont know what it cost, but it would not have been cheap.

The wheels are 18 x 8.5 with a off set of 35, and 225/40/18 tyres

Adjustible platforms front and rear so the ride hight can be adjusted to suit, but it does need a low volume cirt. 30mm front bar and 24mm on the rear and all bushes and linkages have been replaced.

The ride is firm, even very firm, but it is not hard or harsh, and it doesn't bounce and there is no body roll. It doesn't bottom out and nothing rubs, even with five people in.

The handling is superb, particularly on the open road. I have never found myself going to fast for a corner, the more you turn the wheel the more it turns. On the track it is only let down by the road tyres and it doesn't have adjustible camber plates, but I have still out run a e46 m3 out of the hair pin and up over the hill at Puke.

Feal free to pm me if you want to come and have a look befor you decide what to do. (if you are in Auckland that is)

Please resize your photos and repost them

Edited by *Glenn*