Sign in to follow this  
moktar

E36 328 ignition rewire

Hey Guys,

Unfortunatly had some scum try and steal my car last night from my driveway right beside my bedroom window.

They managed to smash the drivers side lock. Once inside they dismantled the underside of dash and had a play with the wiring. (no Alarm)

Looks like they have ripped out part of the wiring and some of the wiring plug boxes.

I have insurance but a $1000 excess.

my question is what kinda price would i be looking at for a rewire under there? (can post pics once home)

Car wont start and have to tow to get any quotes. Whos my best bet to go see?

Why couldnt they get it to start though? does the E36 have a immobliser of some sort?

Any help would be much appreicated.

Thanks

Call me.

Regards Ray

A 328i probably has EWS (factory imobilizer), so you need the key and its little chip to start it.

Easy job when all parts are avaliable.

Yeah sorry Ray - wasn't meaning you wouldn't have the bits / right bits / expertise. Was just looking to answer the original question about whether he has an imobiliser.

I ended up getting an alarm anyway after someone tried to break into my car and ruined the locks. I wasn't worried about them actually stealing the car, but figured I needed the deterrent.

Thanks guys. Ray is gonna sort it out for me once i get it out to him.

As for the alarm... First thing i do when i get it back. Any suggestions on good alarms?