Sign in to follow this  
blk320i

fog lights dont go

been playing with all of the switches and dials in the car today and have found out that my fog lights dont go. everything looks to be hooked up etc but they just dont go. any suggestions would be great.

thanks

been playing with all of the switches and dials in the car today and have found out that my fog lights dont go. everything looks to be hooked up etc but they just dont go. any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Have you tried having the headlights on at the same time. Some fogs dont come on until you have the lights on.

Otherwise start with the usual suspects, fuses, bulbs etc. Its always a process of elimination this one.

Cheers

Martyn

yea check your fuses

was looking at my fuses today there are some in there that look like they are original lol

so thought id replace all 16 of the real old looking ones tommorow and they are cheap so its sweet

im also missing relay k9

but yea check your bulbs

and even try looking at the wire that plug into them cos the connections could just be dirty

Just to the left of the headlight control will be one or two switches. If just one, usually only rear fogs wired up, and if you have front fogs installed you need to check they are connected and then buy a switch.

If two switches, then you need to check fronts are connected and check fuses and bulbs. Then check switch (either switch plugs on the two switches, or just short the front one out with a short piece of wire.)

The car should be going, or the ignition in the "on" position. Also as said, try with your lights on and on high beam. If hooked up in the "driving lights" configuration, they will only work when headlights on high beam, so try all possible combinations of high, low and off.

Pull out the button, pull it apart (they should unclip easily enough) and clean the contacts inside them.

That should sort them out.

Cheers