Sign in to follow this  
zoom-motorsports

e30 radiator issue

my 1990 e30 320i facelift rad is poked and i have found a mint 325i facelift rad on trade me real cheap only problem is that my radiator has a remote header tank. The one i want to buy from trade me has a header tank built in would this fit ok ? and what different pipe would i need if any? this is the last thing i need to do to get it on the road!!!!!! :rolleyes:

my 1990 e30 320i facelift rad is poked and i have found a mint 325i facelift rad on trade me real cheap only problem is that my radiator has a remote header tank. The one i want to buy from trade me has a header tank built in would this fit ok ? and what different pipe would i need if any? this is the last thing i need to do to get it on the road!!!!!! :rolleyes:

You would need to modify/replace the pipe that goes to the expansion tank so that it bends 90 degrees to go to the bottom of the built in tank. You may need new top and bottom pipes as well, though the factory ones may work. You would also have to short the sensor out to get the light on the fault panel by the rear view mirror to go away. TBH id just wait for an M20 one to come up unless you are trying to clean up your engine bay