Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

E30 Roof Racks for a road bike?

Does anyone know if there are racks out there for an E30 that are able to bolt a road bike to?

I have had to make some tough decisions of late regarding my running future so I am looking to use my road bike more, so are there roof racks available to suit, or are there generic kits available to fit on to? And I only have the trusty E30 to use.

The other option is I just put a tow bar back on the car but would like the cleaner look of having my bike on the roof.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Nathan

Rola racks have a bike attachment.

Alternatively you could buy one of those bike racks that secure by straps around the boot.

You can get generic adjustable bike mounts that fit to any rack. I looked into them for mine. Thule and Yakima racks are very well represented on E30s on overseas forums and tend to be the rack of choice. not sure if Yakima is in NZ though, but Thule definately is. They stand up a bit for for my personal taste.

Edit: youll want to get the deflector for either of the thule or Yakima racks though, they are noisy as hell aparently. If it was me, id get one of those mounts you strap to the bootlid

Edited by ethrty320

Cheers guys.

I guess nobody has any they want to get rid of... :unsure:

Guest Simon*

Can't believe somebody actually wants a rack to put stuff on?!!!

Thought you guys only put them on for looks! That's your problem right there Nath, all the racks are being hogged by the guys that don't need 'em just like how they look ;)

Where's the justice?!!!!!!!! :lol:

Use your towbar and mount a rack.. It uses about 20% less fuel than a roof rack, and you get far less bug splatter :D

Take the wheels off and put it in the boot?Thats what I do, Much easier & safer than mucking around with bike racks

Can't believe somebody actually wants a rack to put stuff on?!!!

Thought you guys only put them on for looks! That's your problem right there Nath, all the racks are being hogged by the guys that don't need 'em just like how they look ;)

Where's the justice?!!!!!!!! :lol:

Lol guilty :P

^ @ Braeden Yeah I think I will just do that, might get a carry case too to make it easier. I don't need to transfer it too often, just when I want to ride Taupo etc.

Lol at Simon

Edited by Hellpina