Sign in to follow this  
mattgoldsbro

Clear lights

Hi am wanting to buy Clear tail lights, front corner and side lights to replace the unsightly orange ones on my 96 coupe. Have come across these on trademe :

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-290527750.htm

I dont really wanna spend that much as was hoping someone on here might have second hand genuine ones for sale ?

Car is an E36 1996 2 door/coupe

Thanks

Those seem a reasonable price for a full set...i didn't even know Bmw make oem aftermarket lights, though would think they may be rare!

Those seem a reasonable price for a full set...i didn't even know Bmw make oem aftermarket lights, though would think they may be rare!

??

Dont the 97/98 models come with clear lights?

Hi am wanting to buy Clear tail lights, front corner and side lights to replace the unsightly orange ones on my 96 coupe. Have come across these on trademe :

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-290527750.htm

I dont really wanna spend that much as was hoping someone on here might have second hand genuine ones for sale ?

Car is an E36 1996 2 door/coupe

Thanks

Hi,

I have an E36 1996 coupe, and I bought clears from Eurolights. Eurolights is a bloke who sources from Carwear in Australia (www.carwear.com.au), whatever you buy is shipped direct from Carwear to you. Now, I bought twice from these people, the first was to buy the front quarters and side clears only. One of the quarters (RF) did not fit quite right, so after I sent photos to prove my point, they sent a replacement. About 2 weeks later I bought again; just the rears only. You would not read about it - the parcel was lost in the post! To this day has not been seen. However, they replaced and sent a second parcel, this time it was track and trace, and it turned up ok. I have to say, the clears certainly improved the look of the car, no issues there! I was impressed with the service, particularly from the Carwear people when I contacted them, their service you really could not fault. My 2c, FWIW. Cheers.

Dont the 97/98 models come with clear lights?

Some of them did, yes. Was probably just an option.

You could try Ray @ HellBM, or Brent @ European Car Parts, both sponsors on here. I woudl think they'd both have some. I got some of the aftermarket ones a while back and the only real difference I could see was the missing BMW logo :unsure:

Edited by JFry

Can do genuine.

Regards Ray

Hi,

I have an E36 1996 coupe, and I bought clears from Eurolights. Eurolights is a bloke who sources from Carwear in Australia (www.carwear.com.au), whatever you buy is shipped direct from Carwear to you. Now, I bought twice from these people, the first was to buy the front quarters and side clears only. One of the quarters (RF) did not fit quite right, so after I sent photos to prove my point, they sent a replacement. About 2 weeks later I bought again; just the rears only. You would not read about it - the parcel was lost in the post! To this day has not been seen. However, they replaced and sent a second parcel, this time it was track and trace, and it turned up ok. I have to say, the clears certainly improved the look of the car, no issues there! I was impressed with the service, particularly from the Carwear people when I contacted them, their service you really could not fault. My 2c, FWIW. Cheers.

Hi, Thanks for your imput.

I dont think ill try the trademe ones - seems a bit of a hassle.

Cheers