Sign in to follow this  
APT

E36 5 stud conversion Questions.

Can somebody please enlighten me with some stuff i cant get my head around. I plan on running the E36 ti rear and E36 front struts.

People say when using the E36 front end that the wheel sits to far to steer, so you must run E30 M3 offset CAB's is this true ?

or do i have to run M3 control arms as well?

and adjustable tops?

Also what Offset do i follow for wheels ? as i have some ET 40 17x8's will this work. or do i follow the e30 offset?

Thanks Dudes/Dudettes.

from what i have played with i can tell you that if you put all the standard e36 stuff in it will all bolt up, but your wheels will sit REALLY far back...

if you go caster offset bushes and top plates you are starting to bring it back to standard, but not quite there...

if you spend the money and go e36 m3 evo front arms then that will work, either that or you get e36 arms modified or get some made...

Damn it. Thought it would be okay with adjustable tops and offset bushes. Thanks for that Oli

Plan B is instead of going 5 stud would be a massive brake kit and using my adjustable suspension.

Edited by APT

Just get the control arms and struts 'persuaded' like Luke did

Use E36 M3 evo front lower arms - if your pockets reach that deep! Or E30 M3 struts/arms. The rear isnt so much of a big deal. As for offsets - just chuck something on and see if it fits, trial and error is the best method, especially if you want flush/aggressiveness

I used E36 M3 EVO (+'96) control arms, they weren't as expensive as you think!!

E28 and E30 have different spindles