Sign in to follow this  
1quad1

M3 1995 Ex South Africa ?

Had a look at the Dark green car today, WOW very tidy indeed. Even the hood lining is in great condition. No signs

of sagging. You would have thought that it had done 100,000 kms less than its 144,00kms easy. It was the first BMW

I have driven let alone an M3 so I can not comment on its performance compared to other ones.

The clutch did work very well, a bit on the heavy side but no shudder or slip at all. These cars certainly have a solid feel to them and a very ridged chassis. Makes my old holden feel like you are driving a bendy green stick.

I am very pleased that I got the opportunity to drive this car as it has made me rethink buying a M3.

Unfortunately this sort of car is not for me. I had a lot of trouble with the narrow pedal spacing. Every time I went to push the clutch in the outside of my shoe would hit the foot rest by the tunnel. Also I was not happy with the lack

of low down torque. Not the car that I would like to drive around town or to and from work, but it was never

designed for that. Silly silly me for thinking I could do such a thing with so much of a car.

Had a look at the Dark green car today, WOW very tidy indeed. Even the hood lining is in great condition. No signs

of sagging. You would have thought that it had done 100,000 kms less than its 144,00kms easy. It was the first BMW

I have driven let alone an M3 so I can not comment on its performance compared to other ones.

The clutch did work very well, a bit on the heavy side but no shudder or slip at all. These cars certainly have a solid feel to them and a very ridged chassis. Makes my old holden feel like you are driving a bendy green stick.

I am very pleased that I got the opportunity to drive this car as it has made me rethink buying a M3.

Unfortunately this sort of car is not for me. I had a lot of trouble with the narrow pedal spacing. Every time I went to push the clutch in the outside of my shoe would hit the foot rest by the tunnel. Also I was not happy with the lack

of low down torque. Not the car that I would like to drive around town or to and from work, but it was never

designed for that. Silly silly me for thinking I could do such a thing with so much of a car.

Thanks for that

Cheers

B)

On for $1 res now!

I wouldnt mind having a look, but I'm going to be going through Chch a few days too late! How much do you guys think its worth?

Not really that keen on buying a car unseen..but if its cheap enough anythings possible..