Sign in to follow this  
nickbawt

E34 rear camber adjustment

Hey guys,

We'll Ive fitted some 265's on the rear of the 540i and they're giving a bit of guard rub when I have a full tank, and weight in the boot. Ive been talking to people about solutions and I think the best would be to put negative camber onto the rears, as well as the benefit of handling improvements.

I just dont know how much camber adjustment the E34 gives, searching around it seems that the camber and toe is fixed but I dont really know. Will I need to buy a camber plate for adjusting it? Can anyone recommend some places to take it to (I was thinking centreline suspension as Ive had good results from there before)? Kinda keen just to take it somewhere and get them to take care of the whole process!

Any advice you guys can give me would be great.

Nick

did you manage to sus out the rub problem? rolled the guards? how low is it? the only way to adjust anything on the e34s by desent amounts is to get adjusties. Redline performance has BC brand for 1800 approx they are the best off the shelf you can get, or you could get some bilstiens built for a small mint.

E34 is trailing arm, similar to E30, so no adjustment, but you can do the same as Glenn has on this thread to get some camber and castor. http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=30815

If you have Bilsteins on the back you can fit threaded tubes to get height adjustment with very little effort, as I have done on the E28 which has a similar rear as well.

E34 is trailing arm, similar to E30, so no adjustment, but you can do the same as Glenn has on this thread to get some camber and castor. http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=30815

If you have Bilsteins on the back you can fit threaded tubes to get height adjustment with very little effort, as I have done on the E28 which has a similar rear as well.

Hi Guy's, in my fiddling around with e34/e32 stuff I found there is some track difference's between the models, the 750 has slightly wider arms then the other 7's ,maybe the 540I has wider arms then some of the smaller capacity 5's, worth looking into, KB.

roll the guards or go 255's. my e34 is low and gets enough camberwear as it is. more negative camber will just be a hastle