Sign in to follow this  
ElectricBMW

Reattaching a spoiler...

So I have this E36 328i that (as mentioned elsewhere) I'm converting to battery power.

When the towie was pushing the car (me "driving") to line up with the trailer to be taken back from the engineer, I think he used the spoiler as a push bar, and broke it on one side (didn't own up - I didn't spot it until we'd got back, and can't prove it was him :angry: )

Anyway - how do I re-attach it? What do I need? It appears to be only glued (some kind of black rubber-ish gunk) although there are holes through the boot lid as well - can't see any sign of screws etc. (I'd assume it's factory-standard).

Andrew

It probably was fitted with Eurothane sealant

Is Eurothane another spelling for Urethane? Will anything do?

or should I look for the Carbond 940C you mentioned on another thread (in 2008)?

BTW - thanks for the fast response, Glenn...

Is Eurothane another spelling for Urethane? Will anything do?

or should I look for the Carbond 940C you mentioned on another thread (in 2008)?

BTW - thanks for the fast response, Glenn...

Ooops with the spelling. Yes the Carbond is a strong bond Urethane you can buy it in Grey & Black. Panel Beating Supplies in Auckland sell it. We use it all the time. Both the rear hatch spoilers on my Ti are held on with it & no screws. You need to allow a reasonable curing time once used and held down in place. For a spoiler I'd allow about 6-8 hrs before you remove any tape etc you use to hold it in place with.

Edited by *Glenn*

Ooops with the spelling. Yes the Carbond is a strong bond Urethane you can buy it in Grey & Black. Panel Beating Supplies in Auckland sell it. We use it all the time. Both the rear hatch spoilers on my Ti are held on with it & no screws. You need to allow a reasonable curing time once used and held down in place. For a spoiler I'd allow about 6-8 hrs before you remove any tape etc you use to hold it in place with.

Excellent - Thanks again, Glenn :)