Sign in to follow this  
NoBoDy

E36 to Low

I have a E36 318IS, currently on 17" M3 Wheels with 205/40 front tyres and 215/45 Rear(i think) i put in some B&G springs and the back is fine but the front is very low, chassie rails sit about 75mm off the ground and its a pain to pull in and out of anywhere that has even a slight ramp lol,

What brand of springs have other people used to keep the front legal or almost legal.

Cheers

Chris

I have a E36 318IS, currently on 17" M3 Wheels with 205/40 front tyres and 215/45 Rear(i think) i put in some B&G springs and the back is fine but the front is very low, chassie rails sit about 75mm off the ground and its a pain to pull in and out of anywhere that has even a slight ramp lol,

What brand of springs have other people used to keep the front legal or almost legal.

Cheers

Chris

There is nothing wrong with the springs. the tyres you have on at the front are far too small for your car. You need the same size as the rear. :)

Edited by zenetti

I'm certed at 75mm and don't have any problems. You might find you are lower. Height is the problem more than the spring type.

There is nothing wrong with the springs. the tyres you have on at the front are far too small for your car. You need the same size as the rear. :)

My thoughts too.

You should be running wider tires than that anyway. 225-235, Then again i guess you don't need it on a 1.8.

Edited by Mike-E36

75mm makes it seem like a 4wd compared to mine... im working on a fix at the moment but i feel your pain. ohh and bigger front tyres will help it a billion times over.