Sign in to follow this  
motoroche

BMW E36 M3 1995

Had a look at the Dark green car today, WOW very tidy indeed. Even the hood lining is in great condition. No signs

of sagging. You would have thought that it had done 100,000 kms less than its 144,00kms easy. It was the first BMW

I have driven let alone an M3 so I can not comment on its performance compared to other ones.

The clutch did work very well, a bit on the heavy side but no shudder or slip at all. These cars certainly have a solid feel to them and a very ridged chassis. Makes my old holden feel like you are driving a bendy green stick.

I am very pleased that I got the opportunity to drive this car as it has made me rethink buying a M3.

Unfortunately this sort of car is not for me. I had a lot of trouble with the narrow pedal spacing. Every time I went to push the clutch in the outside of my shoe would hit the foot rest by the tunnel. Also I was not happy with the lack

of low down torque. Not the car that I would like to drive around town or to and from work, but it was never

designed for that. Silly silly me for thinking I could do such a thing with so much of a car.

This has not put me off buying a BMW thought as I'm sure there is a model out there that more suits my needs and wants.

Now that I am not aloud to test drive other woman as my girlfriend does not like it, I will make test driving

BMW's my new past time till I find the one that I like. (I was going to say the one I love but that sounds a bit of a gay thing to say in a car forum)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=294632583

This is crazyarabs old car isn't it? Very very very well looked after by him.

Yes it sure is his old car.

I had a lot of trouble with the narrow pedal spacing. Every time I went to push the clutch in the outside of my shoe would hit the foot rest by the tunnel.

when i first started driving maual e36's i had the same problem. It just took a little bit of getting used to.

Cheers for the reviews as well

Unfortunately this sort of car is not for me. I had a lot of trouble with the narrow pedal spacing. Every time I went to push the clutch in the outside of my shoe would hit the foot rest by the tunnel. Also I was not happy with the lack

of low down torque. Not the car that I would like to drive around town or to and from work, but it was never

designed for that.

Like James says in the previous post, you readjust your mind after about a week and stop hitting the foot rest, so I wouldn't necessarily let that hold you back, however, M3's kinda do lack low down torque (I assume you mean under 2500rpm). Tons of power out to 7500rpm makes up for it, I reckon.

Yeh had the same problems you did when I first bought this car but you soon learn how to clutch easily and rev her up to when she sings ;)

I sold it for nearly double the current bid not so long ago.. what a bargain someone is getting here.

EDIT: 17k.. not too shabby.

Edited by crazyarab