Sign in to follow this  
E30_318i

E32 750iL road test, 1988

Whats so gay about holdens?

For the money they are far better bang for buck than a european car. (Straight line speed at least)

I'd disagree with the bang for your buck comment. Compare the time of my 540is 14.75 down the 1/4 mile to a new Ford GTP (290kW) of 14.40.

Guess which one is cheaper.

Whats so gay about holdens?

For the money they are far better bang for buck than a european car. (Straight line speed at least)

they're terrible vehicles, fords too.... I'm driving an EA falcon at the moment.....same era as my c33 and they're worlds apart.... falcons are supposed to be comfortable to drive, all the one's i've ever driven aren't.... even though the falcon has "uprated" kyb shocks and sh*t, it still handles like a live golfish on a hotplate, just flipping and flopping around....

also had the misfortune of driving a few commodores of various specs..... often drive a vt v6 for work, thats just as bad as the falcon!!!!!

straight line speed my arse - try holding one in a straight line..... I can hold my laurel on the road at 160 with my knees,

Ot re re 750 but when i was looking for my new car,which turned out ot be the 535 i looked at falcons and commodores.I am 6 3 and the seating in the falcon was just plain wrong..I just could not get comfortable in the thing.The commodore was oK.At about that time i started looking at beamers and Brent told me that an ss commodore of about the same era was no way comparable to the 535 re roadholding/comfort.

Hmmm lest see.

FPV Typhoon, $69,990, 270kw, 550 odd nm torque.

BMW 318 auto. $73,990 Power and torque too emabassing to quote.

Sorry, but in this country, no other car company offers better bang for bucks than Holden or Ford. Maybe Subaru, but yeah, if you want broken transmissions.

The old stuff is sh*t, but you gotta remember they aren't like a BMW or Merc. Try an equal year Camry, Diamante Maxima, or any jap car and they will be just as bad (okay, the interior of the jap cars won't be falling to bits).

I was reading about production class racing in the 1990s, VN SS Commodore were posting faster laps around Bathurst than E34 M5s, iirc :P

Jeremy Clarkson likes the Monaro so it must be good :rolleyes:

I was reading about production class racing in the 1990s, VN SS Commodore were posting faster laps around Bathurst than E34 M5s, iirc :P

dude in 1990, a standard gtr skyline was almost quicker than a vn v8 "supercar"