Sign in to follow this  
Syxx

Audio Cutting Out

Right, here's my freaking dilema,

Driving along the road listening to a bit of 3 days grace, then I hit a bump and the front and rear speakers cut out however my sub is still booming away. NB: None of the speakers are running off an amp just the headunit. Now sometimes another bump may return the audio to its usual working self, sometimes if I slam on the brakes they might pick up again. But lately it's just stopped and I ca'nt get it to go again.

Now I've pulled the headunit out, re-crimped and insulation taped all the connections from the headunit thinking perhaps a wire had come loose or a crappy connection. Headunit back in, test, fine.

Driving along again and it's done it all over again.

Now I never had these issues prior to my car being off the road, the other day I did pull a component speaker out because I was contemplating wiring it up to the crossover and running all 4 speakers off the amp but decided i could'nt be f'd so just put the speaker back in and have had this issue ever since.

So any idea's on wth the issue could be? Because it's starting to drive me around the freaking bend. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,

Chris.

Sounds like it could be a dry solder joint in your head unit or an intermitent channel...more than likely time for a new head unit!

Though check your head unit on other speakers or use a multimeter to check the channels.

Sounds like it could be a dry solder joint in your head unit or an intermitent channel...more than likely time for a new head unit!

Though check your head unit on other speakers or use a multimeter to check the channels.

Headunit along with all the component speakers were only purchased last august, and the cars been off the road for 8 months.

Check wiring better, check the full length. Wires could be shorting out or loose

Headunit along with all the component speakers were only purchased last august, and the cars been off the road for 8 months.

Doesn't mean it might not be a solder joint or you have not given it a thrash and blew a channel...run a multimeter around to see it's all good or take it in to a auto electrician to see what the prob is!

Doesn't mean it might not be a solder joint or you have not given it a thrash and blew a channel...run a multimeter around to see it's all good or take it in to a auto electrician to see what the prob is!

Fixed

Anyone know why my speakers cut out when I use the indicator? Freaking weird I tell yeah, some days its fine others... like today.. everytime I use the indicators the radio cuts out, lol!

mine does same. only cuts for about a second also when i use the brakes.. havnt got round to fixing it yet but imagen its either a bad earth or a short between the appropriate circuits.