Sign in to follow this  
Heino

GREEN STICKER!

Heino.... go and see Chris @ Pitstop in The Hub @ Botany... real good guy, tell him I sent you. You'll need a coby up front and a sports muffler on the rear with your tips off the old muffler welded onto it. Go see him for a price. We did it on a E30 316 that Matt owns now... sounds nice & it's legal.

just remember, even once you have had a new exhaust made you will still need an exhaust cert approx $150. this is the only way that youll get rid of the green sticker if it was for noisy exhaust. its not just a matter of showing the police your new system. its the whole point of an objective and subjective test.

^^^

Not true. It is up to the person who does the test on the car.

My friend was green stickered for this exact reason. Just had to quieten it up, go back to the testing place, and all was ok. Sticker removed and new WOF issued.

However if a cop pulls you over at a later point in time for being too loud, he can green sticker again.

The cert is to show the cop that your system is not over the legal limit and has been tested. I was also told a diagram showing what your current setup is is included with the cert so it cannot be modified later

This thread is getting so off topic

Heino.... go and see Chris @ Pitstop in The Hub @ Botany... real good guy, tell him I sent you. You'll need a coby up front and a sports muffler on the rear with your tips off the old muffler welded onto it. Go see him for a price. We did it on a E30 316 that Matt owns now... sounds nice & it's legal.

Hi thanks i did! me and chris are boys! haha im making something for his company. He welded my stadard back on but VTNZ are assholes and they still want me to certify the standard exhaust. so this means 200 doller cert and a 90 doller green sticker wof! FOR A STANDARD MUFFLER! so pit stop said they will hook me up and make me a new system that will be legal with my after market exhaust so the 200 is worth paying! so for now the bemma sitz next the the house :( gone back to driving my ruthless mirage!

if you got a green sticker you dont need to go to vtnz any wof place will do

Called the police station and they said they think that is bs that i need to get a cert for the car being returned to standard. he said go to a different regesterd warrent place. nice exact words "seems like they are trying to make money off you"

You have to go to VTNZ or whatever for their 'special' wof.

I don't think the certification thing is true? Unless it's changed in the last 6months?

Cant see why it would need a cert to return it to standard if it didn't have have a cert to start with.

once again you dont have to go to vtnz for a standard green sticker, unless its from sustainted loss of traction or its a pink sticker, ill show you the exact words from the traffic regulation book

post-989-1277246772.jpg

Edited by Isenburg

once again you dont have to go to vtnz for a standard green sticker, unless its from sustainted loss of traction or its a pink sticker, ill show you the exact words from the traffic regulation book

please send me the link as to where you got that? it would help alot! thanks.

i am happy to say that pit stop made me a new exhaust system and it has been certified! and the bema is back on the road! :D