Sign in to follow this  
dubman

bridgestones my 01's and firehawks

as titles says, advice would greatly be appreciated on which set of tyres should be at front and which at the back, bought mags with those tyres already fitted FYI

Unless you've got lots of oversteer experience/are comfortable with it....put the bridgestones at the back.

How old are the tyres? Either hardened?

How old are the tyres? Either hardened?

they are both produced in 2008. heaps of tread in both.

Definitely but the Bridgestones on the front and the Firestones on the rear. The front tyres do the majority of work (braking, steering etc) so you want the better quality ones at the front. :)

Edited by zenetti

thanks Jonathan and Jono :)

My previous tyres were made in 03, and spun up easily in the wet albeit me having a 316i. 08 Firehawks most definitely would be better rears than the old tyres.

bridgestones in front for breaking, steering etc OR bridgestones at back for traction

Going for bridgestones in front then

EDIT: after reading some articles, it seems better rear tyres leads to better straight line breaking, better channeling of water in the wet, and a better outcome in case of blowouts. Scratching my head now haha :D

Edited by dubman

thanks Jonathan and Jono :)

My previous tyres were made in 03, and spun up easily in the wet albeit me having a 316i. 08 Firehawks most definitely would be better rears than the old tyres.

bridgestones in front for breaking, steering etc OR bridgestones at back for traction

Going for bridgestones in front then

EDIT: after reading some articles, it seems better rear tyres leads to better straight line breaking, better channeling of water in the wet, and a better outcome in case of blowouts. Scratching my head now haha :D

Put the Bridgestones at the front. In most cars the front tyres carry the majority of the load under braking. You will also have better steering.

I'm no expert but I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the current safety "best practice" is to have the better tyres in the rear regardless of whether the car is fwd or rwd. Would love to hear what you tyre gurus have to say about this as I'm currently facing this situation with my car.

*I just found the source I read this from:

http://www.aa.co.nz/motoring/tips/ask-jack...r-or-front.aspx

Edited by master garion