Sign in to follow this  
midnightxpress

Sup guys, new guy here...

I currently drive a Mercedes wagon, however Ive decided after driving 'cruiser' cars for a few years now (got tired of engine work on my turbo ones!) ive decided I'd still like something NA, but with a bit a go. Soooo Ive always liked the E30 shape, and it has to be a 2.5 and manual so this is what Ive got my eye for at the moment.

Ive lurked for a week and it looks like a very informative site and not too many 'sak it 0wt bay' types so look forward to hopefully posting up a project thread sometime in the future!

p.s. anyone want to buy a Merc? :P

Welcome.

A good idea in my opinion would be to find a tidy Auto 320i or 325i and then convert it to run an M50B25 or M52B28 with a manual box.

Classic light car with a modern engine.. can't go wrong if you're prepared to pay for it.

i dunno mark, they are lacking in uniqueness at the mo :P

i dunno mark, they are lacking in uniqueness at the mo :P

Oh yes I know, with uniqueness the e28 is ahead of the e30 certainly. Especially yours ;). But if you are looking for an e30 nothing else will do, I've learnt this before we an e36, and one or two e28s.. one of which you may know of :P

ive got the perfect m52 b28 obd1 conversion if you go that way! and welcome.... plug and play for f/l i will add

Edited by kerry

Cheers for the replys, yes Ive heard the M50 conversions are a relatively easy swap, are there any guides/how to type threads on how you go about it here? And good places to try sourcing one? Cant jump the gun though, have to get the car first!

the m50 b25 are awsome but the m52 b28 is even beter depends on what you want to spend in relation to what you want to end up with.

Welcome :)

I think E30's are flawed...but I'm on my third one - they're addictive and fun. I'm going to go against the grain and say that I really like the 12 valve M20, suits the E30's character very well.

If I were in the market for an E30, this one would be at the top of my list (even if I despise sedans).

Otherwise you could buy mine for a million dollars :P

Welcome mate.

I'm a 540 guy that got bit big time by the e30 bug.540-1,e30-4 lol.

A ton of cheap options & fun to be had.